Satisfy your sweet tooth!
Now that spring has arrived, we can spend more time braaing and going out and less time huddled up in our homes. There’s no need to spend hours in the kitchen preparing desserts. You can whip up tasty and simple desserts in no time.
Enjoy our two easy dessert recipes with few ingredients.
Rice pudding is a simple yet satisfying dessert. You can prepare this delicious treat in less than half an hour! You can add toppings of your choice, including nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles. Follow the very simple recipe below to enjoy a warm or cold rice pudding dessert:
- 1 litre of whole milk
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a pan, bring milk, rice, sugar and salt to boil over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and let the pudding simmer uncovered. Continue to stir occasionally for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the mixture starts thickening.
- Remove from the stove and stir in vanilla extract.
- Serve warm or chill for six hours before serving.
- You can add additional toppings of your choice.
Pumpkin fritters, also known as ‘Pampoen koekies’, are a delicious sweet treat. They are so quick and easy to make! View our cheap and easy pumpkin recipe below:
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add all other ingredients and mix into a soft batter.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into a pan lined with hot oil.
- Fry the fritters until golden brown on both sides.
- Using a spatula, place the fritters onto absorbent paper.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and sprinkle over the hot pumpkin fritters before serving.
Treat your family
Spoiling your family on a tight budget can be difficult. Make sure you free up more of your income by paying off your debt. Contact Debt Rescue for more information on how to become debt free.