We all know that money management is crucial to your financial well-being. This includes budgets, financial goals, saving, tracking your spending, etc. For some people this comes naturally, for some, it takes serious effort and self-discipline.
Thanks to technology, keeping track of your money is much easier. Here are a few apps* you can use to make life easier and take control of your finances:
The name is slightly deceiving, it not only helps to keep track of your spending but it is also perfect for budget purposes.
- You enter both your income and expenses
- Various categories are also available
- You can decide if you want to track your balance on a weekly or a monthly basis
- It even reminds you to enter transactions (you choose on the frequency and time of reminders)
- You can keep track of different accounts (i.e. your day-to-day account and a savings account)
- Gives reports and graphs of your overall cash flow, you spending per category, etc
- Can back-up and sync with your Dropbox account
- This app is free, or a Pro-version is available for a small fee.
Show your money who’s boss. 22seven helps you manage your money more easily and invest it more smartly.
- See all your money in one place. You can link your various banking accounts to the app
- Keep track of your spending; how much do you spend and on what. Your transactions are categorised.
- You can set your budget, or it can automatically set a personalised budget for you
- Know the status of your cash flow at any given time
- Get an accurate picture of your net value
- Your tax returns are made easy, all your income and expenses are categorised and exportable
- Invest your money at the flick of a finger
- This app is free from Old Mutual and currently works with accounts from South African banks and financial institutions.
This is a personal finance app for budget planning and money management. It is based on the cash envelope budgeting method but with virtual envelopes.
- The advantage of this app is that it can sync across multiple phones thus perfect for sharing a budget with a spouse or family member
- Checks your envelope balances while you’re on the go
- Transactions are recorded as it happens or scheduled in advance
- See upcoming transactions and record of pending transactions
- Income vs. spending reports in cool looking pie charts
- This app is free of charge for the basic version with a few in-app purchase for a more integrated option
This app assists with tracking of expenses where other parties are involved. You can use splitwise to share bills and IOUs.
- Keep track of household bills with roommates, group holidays, expenses paid on your behalf, or you paid on someone’s behalf
- You can split with individual accounts and created groups
- All transactions are listed, and push notifications are available
- Everyone can log in, add new expenses, see their balances and settle-up instantly.
If you’ve left your money management for too late and feel overwhelmed with your debt, please give Debt Rescue a call.
* The featured apps are mere recommendations and not part of Debt Rescue services