Every August we celebrate the wonderful women of South Africa! The 9 August is National Women’s Day, a day we get to recognise women’s traditional achievements and the important role they play in society as mothers, wives and caregivers as well as their progress in academics, business and politics.
For all the women out there, in honour of Women’s Month, we’d like to share some valuable work-life advice.
- Believe in yourself. Trust your knowledge and your ability when it comes to your career. You can succeed in anything you put your mind to.
- Never stop learning. Gain as much knowledge as you can in your industry to set yourself up for success. People are very competitive in the working world so you need to stay abreast of all the advancements and changes in your industry.
- Separate your work and personal life. This is often difficult for women, especially working mothers; however, it’s crucial to set boundaries about where you allow your work to come into your personal life.
- Speak to recruiters. Even if you are not planning on leaving your current job anytime soon, it’s always handy to hear if there are any great opportunities on the rise and know your market value.
- Get rid of money related stress. Did you know, you can lose two weeks a year in work productivity worrying about money. If you are stressed about money, find a solution to either make more money or get rid of current debt.
- Get rid of any guilt you may have. It’s impossible to be perfect. Your family will understand that you’re working hard and you’re doing the best you can for your family.
- Enjoy your career. If you’re not enjoying your career, it’s time to find a new job! Life’s too short to be anything but happy.
Take control of your finances. If you’re in debt, speak to Debt Rescue debt today. Don’t let financial stress hinder you from being a successful woman!