A delicious mac and cheese dish does not have to be complicated. We know that most kids, even fussy eaters, love mac and cheese, and so do adults! We have a soul-warming recipe that you can whip up this winter.
Mac and cheese recipe
- 1 ½ cups of macaroni
- 3 tablespoons margarine (or butter if you’d prefer)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Add pasta and a sprinkling of salt to boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in a pot.
- Add flour to the butter and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Take the pasta off the stove once it’s al dente and drain it.
- Mix sauce and macaroni in a dish or a greased pan and put it in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes – or until it’s slightly browned.
- Take out the mac and cheese out of the oven and serve.
Pasta is a delicious, versatile dish. Don’t hesitate to add any extra ingredients you have at home to the dish, such as veggies, chopped up chicken and bacon.
Are you struggling to pay off your debt?
Speak to a professional debt counsellor today. Debt Rescue has helped thousands of South Africans pay off their debt – they can help you too!