You don’t need to spend a lot of money to provide a healthy dinner for your family. If you need to whip up a quick and affordable meal for dinner tonight, look no further! We have a great energy, omega 3 fatty acids and protein packed dinner that’s ideal for the whole family.
Here’s our quick and affordable tuna bake recipe:
- 300 g penne/ macaroni/ rigatoni/ fusilli (or any shape ) pasta
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 600 ml milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 x 160g/170g cans tuna in salt water, drained
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less time than recommended on the instructions. Drain the pasta.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Cook on low heat for about a minute or 2 and then add in milk slowly to make a thick, smooth white sauce. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix the pasta, white sauce, tuna, sweetcorn, peas and parsley into a baking dish – then add 1 cup of cheese to the top and spice to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure the cheese is golden brown before removing the dish from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let us know what you think!