Being a young adult is difficult. At this time of your life, you usually have a lot of expenses and, unfortunately, a limited income. This makes covering living expenses and saving for the future quite a challenge. And, it’s difficult to stay ahead of finances in the current world of instant gratification.
Get ahead of your finances with our saving tips for young, single adults:
- Stop paying too much for television – TV subscriptions have become very expensive. We have access to streaming services that are reasonable and up-to-date with all the latest and most popular shows. You will find more exciting movies and shows as well as fewer adverts.
- Do meal prep – Take a few hours to plan all your meals for the week. If you’re living alone, this is possibly the only time where you can easily do this. Eating at home will save you a lot of money and quite a few calories too!
- Don’t renew your gym membership – Unless you’re going to the gym on a regular basis, it’s not worth the price you pay for it. There are so many ways you can get fit with home workouts. Look up a few YouTube home workout videos or put on some running shoes and go for a run (in a safe area, of course).
- Host bring and braais – Catering for friends and family members can be very expensive. If you decide to have a gettogether at your home, ask everyone to contribute.
- Split your rent – If you’re living alone, why not save money and have some company at the same time? Sharing accommodation with someone else will work out a lot cheaper. So, instead of renting a one bedroom apartment, find a place with an extra room, get a roommate and split the rent.
- Make coffee at home – Going to a coffee shop every day adds up. Rather buy some decent coffee for home and make a cup before leaving for work in the morning.
Let us know how you save money every month.
If you are struggling to make ends meet, contact Debt Rescue for help.