Lentils are one of the most affordable and healthy foods you can add to your diet. The nutritional powerhouse offers so many health benefits and are easy to cook! Don’t miss out on the amazing benefits of lentils, one of the best and tastiest staples you can add to your diet.
Lentils have the power to:
- Reduce blood cholesterol.
- Assist with digestive health by preventing constipation and other digestive issues.
- Improve blood flow, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body, reducing your risk of heart disease.
- Aid in weight loss as they increase steady, slow-burning energy due to fibre.
- Provide protein for vegetarians and vegans.
- Assist energy production and metabolism.
- Leave you feeling full and satisfied , but are low in fat and calories.
- Help women maintain menstrual health and have healthy pregnancies.
We’ve provided a delicious recipe that will keep your belly feeling warm and full.
Delicious, hearty lentil stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups water
- 1 potato
- 2 peeled and finely chopped carrots
- 1 chopped celery stick
- 1 ¼ cup lentils
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, brown onion in heated oil.
- Add garlic, green pepper and tomato and allow to cook until soft.
- Add bay leaf and paprika and stir for two minutes.
- Add water, potato, carrots, celery and lentils to the pan and bring to boil.
- Cover the pan and let the stew simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Are you struggling to make it through the month? Let Debt Rescue help you today!