CONSUMERS I The 93c//decrease in the petrol price tomorrow, as well as stable interest rates, will go a long way towards alleviating the financial pressure on deeply indebted consumers, says Debt Rescue CEO Neil Roets. This is a “good time” to repay debt accumulated when unsecured loans were easy to obtain, he says. Ntsakisi Maswanganyi
Thank you for subscribing! Check your inbox.
- 85% of South Africans in need of financial help, 55% has no access to credit
- Survey finds that 55% of South Africans need debt assistance
- Payment holidays to cost South Africans R20.7bn as experts warn of broken economy
- Drowning in debt, seeking multiple jobs – survey shows South Africans’ financial battle
- Alarm bells ring as South Africans fall deeper into debt